Birthday Party Prep - the big 1-0!!

Ode has been planning carefully since March for his 10th birthday.
It's a big one for sure.  But he has never really taken part or interest in the planning..UNTIL NOW.
๐ŸŽฎ
He has been lobbying us for a Nintendo switch (video game system.)
He tried begging, bartering, and when nothing worked, he drew up a business case on his laptop, and sent it to me on my phone.
๐ŸŽฎ
He had talking points on why it would be a good decision to get him a switch, how it was better than previous gaming systems, and how the price point could be overcome by him selling his handheld game system. He even included some links to videos on this new system, to further his case.
I have to say, I was pretty stinking impressed by the business case. I gave him some things he might include in future business cases.. but said good work. However I was unable to confirm for him whether it had worked or not, and in the interest of birthday surprise factor, would not be able to comment any further on what we'd be getting him for a gift.
๐Ÿ‘
Then he started planning the party,
He drew up gift idea lists, one for us, his parents; & a separate one for the general public, which had much less expensive items on it...in ms word, which he also sent to me on my phone for sharing.
๐Ÿ‘
He came up with a theme (Mario brothers,) he does the invites himself, and hands them out at school a full month before the party, despite my comments on etiquette.
๐Ÿ‘
Then begins planning party favors.
This kid is so organized, and I am the opposite of organized..
๐Ÿ‘
Anyways, we're down to the last couple days.. and today we're making the grocery list, and he tells me we need to go to the party store to get treat bags.  I say I'm not going to the party store. And we're not buying any more shiny plastic crap.  I tell him he can use paper lunch sacks.

The face he gives me.
"THAT is not going to work" he tells me, with all the confidence of a Senior Director of Party Planning..
"Oh IT'S GOING TO!" I say, with all the determination of a frazzled mom, wanting this party to be over already, and watching my Friday night head for the pooper..
๐Ÿคจ
I say "they'll be just as good as plastic" .."it'll be fine".. "better for the planet"  I mumble, >He looks at me like I am about to DESTROY his carefully planned event with my last minute, half-a55ed, crappy plan.
He is not convinced.
>But he also doesn't drive, or have a debit card..so tough nuts.<
So, I busted out the markers and got to work. I googled Mario Star..and this is what I came up with..
He likes them.
Crisis averted. ๐Ÿคจ


Popular Posts