Business attire
today i decided it was time for me to go back to business attire
since ive been riding the train (about a month) i have been business (very!) casual. aka jeans, cotton long sleeve, runners and raincoat. Which our company tolerates, but you know, i just look kinda overly relaxed for work! So today i found my dress coat and some slacks; you know, an outfit that one would normally wear to work! ha! SO i get all fancied up, stuff my dress shoes and velvet jacket in my backpack and blasted out the door..
7 minutes later than normal
sporting a nice outfit.. and running shoes!! I swore years ago I would never be one of these women.. and here I am. Necessity warrants it, i have a long way to go, im 15 years older, and lets just say uhh i dont care THAT much. I raced to the lot where i catch the bus to take me to the train station. The bus was already there! agghh! I turned the car off, grabbed my backpack, jumped out, locked the door, and started to turn ... when i noticed my car was ROLLING AWAY! i Unlock door of moving car, put car in park.
(OMG have i mentioned i am not a morning person!!! 6am is NOT my time to shine!) phew! disaster averted!
I then proceed to run the block or so to the bus w my backpack half on, sliding off the shoulder of my overly bulky "dress coat".. i make it like 10 feet, and my "dress pants" begin sliding towards the ground!! whaat! i stop and pull them up hastily, my backpack starts to slide, i fix it. I start running again, pants JUMP like 4 inches down!! omg.. (all of this is taking place on the street in front of an entire busload of people waiting for me to get on the damn bus - thank god it was at least dark!) i had to pull my pants up like 3 - 5 more times before i got on the bus. I havent worn them in the time ive been running to the bus for a month, and apparently Ive lost some bulk (no pounds) and they no longer fit me, here i am stranded at work, with pants that dont fit, I go to put my dress shoes on, which are these flats i dont really like, but they're well flat and fit in my backpack .. and i am wearing purple wool socks! groan ( i know this will be hilarious next week or maybe even by the end of the day)
today is EPIC FAIL ..
Im having trouble even looking at my colleagues/coworkers
how do i say anything, voice my opinion about anything, if I cant even get myself dressed and get to work? (i did make it to work on time.) i dont have business advising anyone of anything today..
im just gonna stew in my overly bulky coat and falling down pants and stay at my desk..
PHT



Comments
Post a Comment