pioneer woman wannabe

Okay so maybe im just a wannabe
I get all misty eyed over fotos of canning jars steaming on a flour sack towel, filled w preserved goodness
I love the idea of being a pioneer woman, and the feeling of hominess and love that goes with it
But reality is im a corporate american dreamer forty hours a week
At least
And some nights im too pooped out from sitting on my heiny all day staring at spreadsheets, attending meetings, and thinking a LOT
Hah
Anyways
Recent example
I went to the veg stand
And they had full boxes
Of FAT vouluptuous fuzzy peaches
My canning dreams took wing
And in an act of blind passion
I bought a whole box
Well
I never got around to canning, didnt know where the jars were
The weekend went away
And I have this whole box of peaches
So I have been eating peaches for breakfast lunch and dinnner
Feeeding them to Ode aeverytime he says hes hungry
And trying to get through the box before the go bad
Yeesh
Peaches are great for digestion by the way

So this time im a wannabe
Maybe I'll get my jars in order in time for apples..

Update:
Chris just informed me he dehydrated like half the box of peaches
So I didnt power through them quite as effectively as I had previously thought
Welll
Thats probably a good thing

Comments

Popular Posts