Ne'er a peaceful cup of tea again..Damned rubber chicken!

 This is me..trying to enjoy a peaceful cup of tea on the deck
And
This is Rose and her damned rubber chicken..the only toy she owns with a functioning squeaker..it is the MOST annoying toy EVER.
Rose LOVES the chicken, she bats it around with wild and violent abandon, she bites it, it squonks!! horridly, and she goes berserk all over again. She assumes (incorrectly) that I must also love to have a go 'round with the slobbery, honking, filthy chicken..and so, with her joyous open heart, she offers to share it with me, her human. I politely decline, said go..
But she insists
She INSISTS!! by repeatedly tossing it into my lap, wiping it's slimy surface down my once clean pant leg. NO ROSE! I don't want it! I shrill, climbing backwards into my chair, nearly knocking over my tea.. please! No! ROSE!
She DOES NOT, OR DOES NOT WANT TO understand.
finally gives up, after eyeing me curiously..what is WRONG with you lady!? How can you not want to play with a most fabulous squawking chicken?!


Comments

Popular Posts