The gardens gone wild - updated
The garden is a wild and wooly beast! We spent a lot of time this weekend trying to reign it in a bit, still. A long road to hoe. We are INUNDATED with buttercup! Those innocent little plants we used to hold under our chins as children..they have turned on us! This stuff is a gnarly invasive, pest!! See all the pretty bright yellow flowers dotting all around, all I see is hours and hours of time spent with a garden fork ..grr.
But first, some coffee..
Odes telling me somethin' he's been sick as a dog with a stomach bug this weekend,
He came into our room Sunday night at 1am, half asleep and said urgently, I need water!! Chris went to get him water, and I hugged him from bed, and as he hugged me back he barfed ALL OVER ME, my pillow, blankets, comforter, I was too shocked to react even, slowly got up and headed for the shower, him too, saying, sorry about that mom.. I've been puked on before, in all my years of motherhood, but not quite such a direct hit, (I was half asleep- reflexes were slow) & not ever this amount..
He's feeling better now.
This is a bed full of orange geum and lavender.. it was so over run with buttercup, I had to go the extreme route..
I dug every plant out, then set about digging out all the buttercup, then divided the geum, got out all entangled buttercup from the rootballs, then replanted the whole thing.
Geum up close.
In other news I think we have an eagle family this year! So cool.
This is my g-grandma's old sitz bath..planted with golden oregano and lingonberry
Jerusalem sage..I haven't gotten to the buttercup in this bed yet.
This thing! I thought it was just some vine hanging over the partition wall, then this week it does this!! I had no idea what it was, after digging around, I found the tage. It's a clematis, 'Dutchess of Edinburgh' well I guess SO!
HOPS
Odes strawberries look like strawberries
The hosta has leaves bigger than my head - which is saying something. (Not in a conceited, big head, but a cant-find-hats-that-fit way.) The host is also incredibly crowded by giant Solomons seal, a hydrangea and weeds.
This guy is the best part of the whole back yard..
Irises below, again, camera doesn't really capture how vivid the color is..
The three tea bushes made it through an unusually snowy winter just fine..and seem to be thriving/getting bigger.
But first, some coffee..
Odes telling me somethin' he's been sick as a dog with a stomach bug this weekend,
He came into our room Sunday night at 1am, half asleep and said urgently, I need water!! Chris went to get him water, and I hugged him from bed, and as he hugged me back he barfed ALL OVER ME, my pillow, blankets, comforter, I was too shocked to react even, slowly got up and headed for the shower, him too, saying, sorry about that mom.. I've been puked on before, in all my years of motherhood, but not quite such a direct hit, (I was half asleep- reflexes were slow) & not ever this amount..
He's feeling better now.
This is a bed full of orange geum and lavender.. it was so over run with buttercup, I had to go the extreme route..
I dug every plant out, then set about digging out all the buttercup, then divided the geum, got out all entangled buttercup from the rootballs, then replanted the whole thing.
Geum up close.
In other news I think we have an eagle family this year! So cool.
This is my g-grandma's old sitz bath..planted with golden oregano and lingonberry
Jerusalem sage..I haven't gotten to the buttercup in this bed yet.
This is a burdock gone wild, he is like 6-7' tall.
There's a lot of pretty stuff happening despite the unruly weeds..this rose is such an amazing color of pink, my camera couldn't quite capture it.This thing! I thought it was just some vine hanging over the partition wall, then this week it does this!! I had no idea what it was, after digging around, I found the tage. It's a clematis, 'Dutchess of Edinburgh' well I guess SO!
HOPS
Odes strawberries look like strawberries
The hosta has leaves bigger than my head - which is saying something. (Not in a conceited, big head, but a cant-find-hats-that-fit way.) The host is also incredibly crowded by giant Solomons seal, a hydrangea and weeds.
This guy is the best part of the whole back yard..
Irises and geum
Green giant and something I can't remember the name for..above.Irises below, again, camera doesn't really capture how vivid the color is..
The three tea bushes made it through an unusually snowy winter just fine..and seem to be thriving/getting bigger.

























Comments
Post a Comment