Protest
I am so very late to the game.
Very very late.
So, they're trying to put in an asphalt plant
Down in the valley below our neighborhood
Directly across the road from the Cedar River, where runs of Chinook, Coho, and Sockeye salmon spawn.
The driveway of the proposed site, is a couple hundred feet from the river bank.
This will pollute the valley air even more, dramatically increase large semi traffic on 169, and threaten the salmon.
Also, this is in or directly abuts the Cedar River Watershed boundary.
What You can do:
You can go to change.org and sign the petition - search 'Renton 169'
Or go to King County website and search 'maple valley asphalt plant' to find the permit and email the project manager.
Public comment date has been extended until November 24th. A short time, but valuable!
Kng5 news just did a story on it too..
And YouTube had a video: 'say no to asphlt plant on 169!'
Email King County Government
Small but MIGHTY -group
Cedar river trail
Getting the word out.
On the map, red indicator is proposed location, river is blue
The valley is very steep, and regularly gets socked in, I can't imagine what the air quality would be like with asphalt stink getting pumped out into the valley. Don't want to. I can't believe it can even be considered
The NEWS!!! Makes it out like,
"well they -this company- have plants all over the place" - like that makes it okay!!
but that is status quo,
And the results of status quo is declining salmon populations, polluted water everywhere, poor air quality, and the slow eating away and building over of all of the natural space in the state,
status quo isn't working!
I've never protested before
and frankly I was scared to..
But I'm tired of hearing about all the devastation and doing absolutely nothing about it but complain and say "why why why
Are THEY letting this happen?!"
Not realizing, that by my inaction
I was letting it happen
I love it here, I was born here,am lucky to have lived here all my days so far
I regularly spend time outside in the incredible beauty we're surrounded by
And I don't want to be party to watching it slip away
anymore
I want my kids and grandkids to be able to breathe
I want to be able to grow my own food vegetables in unpolluted air and soil
I want to be 95 years old and still see Orcas swimming in the Salish Sea..
I remember seeing them on our boat when I was a kid,
They are the epitome of the word majesty
I want my grandkids and great grandkids to see them. Not just hear about how they used to be here..
And we're choking out their food supply (chinook)
And while our signs and standing along a roadside may not do much
Its something, anything
To say
You can't just do whatever you want
And the sleepy, TV watching, screen infatuated, disaster weary, people
Won't even notice!
They don't care
I care, my family cares
And not going down
So EASY
Very very late.
So, they're trying to put in an asphalt plant
Down in the valley below our neighborhood
Directly across the road from the Cedar River, where runs of Chinook, Coho, and Sockeye salmon spawn.
The driveway of the proposed site, is a couple hundred feet from the river bank.
This will pollute the valley air even more, dramatically increase large semi traffic on 169, and threaten the salmon.
Also, this is in or directly abuts the Cedar River Watershed boundary.
What You can do:
You can go to change.org and sign the petition - search 'Renton 169'
Or go to King County website and search 'maple valley asphalt plant' to find the permit and email the project manager.
Public comment date has been extended until November 24th. A short time, but valuable!
Kng5 news just did a story on it too..
And YouTube had a video: 'say no to asphlt plant on 169!'
Email King County Government
Cedar river trail
Getting the word out.
Beginning of fish sign
The river, right next to the trail
The valley is very steep, and regularly gets socked in, I can't imagine what the air quality would be like with asphalt stink getting pumped out into the valley. Don't want to. I can't believe it can even be considered
The NEWS!!! Makes it out like,
"well they -this company- have plants all over the place" - like that makes it okay!!
but that is status quo,
And the results of status quo is declining salmon populations, polluted water everywhere, poor air quality, and the slow eating away and building over of all of the natural space in the state,
status quo isn't working!
I've never protested before
and frankly I was scared to..
But I'm tired of hearing about all the devastation and doing absolutely nothing about it but complain and say "why why why
Are THEY letting this happen?!"
Not realizing, that by my inaction
I was letting it happen
I love it here, I was born here,am lucky to have lived here all my days so far
I regularly spend time outside in the incredible beauty we're surrounded by
And I don't want to be party to watching it slip away
anymore
I want my kids and grandkids to be able to breathe
I want to be able to grow my own food vegetables in unpolluted air and soil
I want to be 95 years old and still see Orcas swimming in the Salish Sea..
I remember seeing them on our boat when I was a kid,
They are the epitome of the word majesty
I want my grandkids and great grandkids to see them. Not just hear about how they used to be here..
And we're choking out their food supply (chinook)
And while our signs and standing along a roadside may not do much
Its something, anything
To say
You can't just do whatever you want
And the sleepy, TV watching, screen infatuated, disaster weary, people
Won't even notice!
They don't care
I care, my family cares
And not going down
So EASY












.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment