Rough patch

It's been a rough month for me personally
I discovered just after Thanksgiving that I was losing my hair.
Not just thining. But bald patches.
I cried for a couple days. Wallowed around in it.
Then decided to get some help.
I made appointments with an acupuncturist and a naturopath.
Started going to acupuncture the first week of december.
It's (acupuncture) awesome,
 and I have never had such a reduced stress Christmas season in all my life. 
But the bald patches persist.
I also immediately put myself on the wahls protocol diet for autoimmune disorders.
Thanks to that, I Started sleeping like a rock within 3 days, and had more energy. 
But Still balding.
The naturopath tested me for everything under the sun.
Autoimmune nope
Thyroid disorder nope
My cholesterol and blood sugar a1c were perfect
Allergies - still waiting
The doctor called me back in on short notice last week to inform me that my ferritin (iron storage protein) level is at 3. 
Studies say anything below 40 to 70 may begin to have significant hair loss. 
So there it is. 
I have struggled with anemia most of my adult life, but it is always like an afterthought with the doctors.. oh yeah, and your irons low. 
For me, this would and should be the bolded statement.
It has turned out to be at the bottom of any health issues i've run across.
I went in for my first iron therapy on thursday.
Felt like utter crap for a few hours, then okay.
Went to acupuncture the next day and felt really relaxed about having a comb over..
I think the truth is that 
My hair needs me to get my iron sorted out and up to decent levels before it will come back, 
And if it will come back. 
Patience, patience,
Meanwhile, I'm wearing lots of hats.
And I've gone back on the protocol diet as of today after a brief holiday hiatus.
 Just because you can't argue with feeling good, and I want to give my body every shot at a come back.
 As of today, 3 days after iron therapy,
 I feel sort of fantastic.
(I also got a vitamin b12 and vitamin d high doses. For the rest of this month.)
Also if you struggle with heavy monthly cycles - slow flow an herbal remedy - just may be your very best friend. It's now mine.
So, There it is, just like the moon in a winter sky.

Peace.

Comments

Popular Posts