gotta be smarter than the birds

I planted sunflower seeds and corn today
While I was planting the sunflowers. .a couple crows were overhead in branches muttering and giggling to themselves. .I gave them the stinkeye..told them to leave my seeds alone.. covered the seeds w dirt
Watered them in
And went inside to get water..
I wasnt ten feet out before they lit on the spot id just planted
I ran back out shooing them
Then set to planting corn stalks all around the seeds in hopes of distracting them from the locations they were so carefully tracking in their smarty pants brains
I fully expect to find a couple corn stalks pulled out tomorrow
They have already yoinked a few strawberries..and they mutter when I stick them back in the ground
They are the great mischief makers in my garden these days
Luckily they only trash a couple plants at a time or I might lose hart

I tried tinsel an whorley gigs at our old place
They scare away the tweeties
But. Crows quickly grow wise to the trick
I am spending a lot of mental energy trying to outwit them

Comments

Popular Posts