lettuce makes me mad

Okay l realise this isnt an appropriate statement for an earth loving gardener person
But lettuce is fussy
I planted this stuff not too long ago
Dreams of fresh lettuce in my salads sooon
Yesterday one keeled over dead in the blazing may? Heat
And today
Two of them started to bolt/go to seed!!
Even after I ruined the eye appeal of my raised bed by stringing a privacy shade screen for them at the begin of the weekend
Pht
I yanked them out and stood in the aisle of the garden munching on them w dirt clods in tact
Muttering about how fussy they are
And how bad the weather forecast was off
I thought I had another month of lettuce growing fun before the blazes of summer fired up
Maybe I had gone mad from too much sun in my face
But when I noticed our neighbor pausing to notice me
Standing in the garden w wild hair munching on a dirt clod
It occurred to me
Maybe lettuce Isnt my thing
MAybe its ME..
And not the lettuce
Hehe

Comments

Popular Posts