Happy Anniversary to these guys



My Dad used to drive all the way to Tacoma to see my mom on weekends when she was in boarding school.. the school staff knew him he was such a frequent visitor

I heard a Kenny Rogers song on the radio the other night and got a flashback of being in the backseat of the car, on the long trip to Idaho, Kenny Rogers playing on the eight track, and my mom and dad in the front seat, my mom w her arm around my dad, both of them singing along at the top of their lungs to the song..

I remember my parents dancing on the wood floor in the living room to steely dan, smiling into each others faces and laughing..oh I loved it when they danced together.

My dad used to regale us with stories of courting my mom..
Their honeymoon and the toothache he got, and how beautiful she looked..

Happy Anniversary to the people who taught me from the youngest age, what loves supposed to look like.
Love you both.


Comments

Popular Posts