only the beginning of the planting ahead..I better get my act together
This is about 1/2 divisions from last year from our own garden..
And 1/2 divisions from a guy down in the valley who sells his divisions on CL for "dirt' cheap..hehe
oh, and a climbing g rose from a clearance rack somewhere
These got bumped from the green house to make way for seeds! Yay
I really like the heart shaped leaves of this one
It's likely a false forget me not..
From the dirt cheap CL valley guy
I have been sick for a couple weeks and got way behind on spring chores..Chris has been picking up much of the slack..he even planted a bunch of my zinnias for me..and usually he doesn't 'do' flowers.
He used to say if you can't eat it, it shouldn't be in the garden, but the hummingbirds and bees have brought him around.
He is an attentive soul he is.
Daytime this spring, our backyard is raucous with bird song
When we first moved in there was mostly only crows
The other morning I went out, and there was a complete and stunning concert going on, everyone singing, in a tremendous ebb and flow of hundreds of songs woven together
It was really a joyous event
And awe inspiring
At night, we leave the windows cracked open to hear thousands of frogs, singing .. they all stop at once occasionally, then resume slowly a few at a time until it's almost one sound
Screech owls, a hooter.. Huhoo hoo hoo hoo..
I love spring
And 1/2 divisions from a guy down in the valley who sells his divisions on CL for "dirt' cheap..hehe
oh, and a climbing g rose from a clearance rack somewhere
These got bumped from the green house to make way for seeds! Yay
I really like the heart shaped leaves of this one
It's likely a false forget me not..
From the dirt cheap CL valley guy
I have been sick for a couple weeks and got way behind on spring chores..Chris has been picking up much of the slack..he even planted a bunch of my zinnias for me..and usually he doesn't 'do' flowers.
He used to say if you can't eat it, it shouldn't be in the garden, but the hummingbirds and bees have brought him around.
He is an attentive soul he is.
Daytime this spring, our backyard is raucous with bird song
When we first moved in there was mostly only crows
The other morning I went out, and there was a complete and stunning concert going on, everyone singing, in a tremendous ebb and flow of hundreds of songs woven together
It was really a joyous event
And awe inspiring
At night, we leave the windows cracked open to hear thousands of frogs, singing .. they all stop at once occasionally, then resume slowly a few at a time until it's almost one sound
Screech owls, a hooter.. Huhoo hoo hoo hoo..
I love spring





Comments
Post a Comment