Scrappers Cobbler

Besides the crumble.
This cobbler is entirely stuff from the yard.
Blackberries,
2nd set Raspberries,
Several of the first to ripen italian plums,
A single pear,
and 4 early apples of different varieties..2 honeycrisp and I don't know what the others are called.
The crumble was made with a gluten free flour mix,  butter, and cinnamon, nutmeg w/ brown sugar
Our dinner was also mostly from the garden,
Pole beans with goat cheese & dill
And a roasted vegetable dish, of white fingerling potatoes, red potatoes, banana peppers, and a variety of heirloom tomatoes. + walla walla sweets (from store) some fresh sage and green onions too.
I forget how much better food tastes when freshly picked.
I wish I had done a better job keeping up with the garden and planting the second round. I think I'm going to try to plant more stuff anyways, though terribly late and see what works.
If i've learned one thing in gardening it's that the rules do not always apply. 😆

Popular Posts