In the words of Ice C□be..'It was a good day.'


(Rose looking off the back deck, as dogs howl in the distance)

It was hot as Hades today.
We saw the sunrise.
I got my walk in.
The garbage man showed up.
I turned in the stuff that I was supposed to.
I had salad with salmon on it for lunch.
I tried out the new gas station down the road..it was clean and works well, and plays commercials at you while you pump gas..SO Annoying. But now I don't have to drive so far to get gas that doesn't make my car run crappy.. ahem, valley gas station!!!
My mom brought me some lavender from my aunt  (Thanks Aunt Kathy! & Mom!)
I got a good parking space.
The ice machine worked.. totally made my day.
No swimming lessons to nite! Woot!
I got home.

The neighbor kids came over, to see if Ode could come swimming..
and said
"Whoa!! You have rainbows in your house!! You ARE SO LUCKY!!" (rainbows are from the beveled glass in the front door)  I now know I'm lucky with rainbows..😆

Ode went next door and swam, he was SO EXCITED he changed into swim gear in like 10 seconds flat..what normally would take 20 minutes..(slow dresser.)

While he was over there screaming and splashing at the top of his lungs with the other kids. I stayed outside to make sure it went well.

I first poked my head through the blackberries to make sure Ode could 'touch' in the pool/ wasn't too deep.
After I was satisfied with its shallowness..i walked away..
&
I heard the eldest girl neighbor kid proclaim..
"OKay! I have to say the pool rules!!
Before you get in! "

1. No diving! (The pool is waist deep)
2. No peeing in the POOL!
3.
The brother pipes up.."No making out."
Eldest says "That is a GIVEN. Dangit! _______. Now I have to start over!!!"

1. No diving
2. No peeing
3. DO NOT DRINK the water!!

Okay! You may now go in the pool."

(Phew!)

Oh! They had races and fights and water up the nose for a little over an hour.

Meanwhile,
In our yard,
I tried out the hammock I like to call "the dumper"
it's one of those flat jobs,
that you hop into, and it flips you out the other side..
I got in okay,
and was so low to the ground,
I relaxed there for a while, looking at the sky..and when I was done relaxin' for like 5minutes, (neighbors let their rottweiler out=end of relaxing times)
I just rolled out onto the lawn in my dress all lady like and stuff.

I saw a Monarch butterfly and hummingbird in the garden. I saw a million weeds, I ignored them.

Chris made me coffee (he does this every night, and I never stop appreciating it.)

Now it's  10:30pm and I'm tired as he|| from getting up at 3:41am. (A previous post)

finally,
No major appliances took a nosedive today. (although our new this year fridge sucks btw. )

It was a good day.

Comments

Popular Posts