Letters
Letters from Rabbit
I got a second letter this week from our son.
He's in basic training, far far away
I am keeping them in the first envelope we got, that came from where he is.
That first letter, I carried around in my pocket for over a week.
I am so happy to get these pieces of paper..I don't have words for how happy.
He is doing good
He was assigned as platoon leader
He made expert in marksmanship
He passed his PT
(some of the stuff I have to google because I don't know what he's talking about with the lingo and all.)
He doesn't complain about anything
We miss him
We miss him
And we miss him
We had spaghetti dinner at Zeeks 1st birthday, it's his Daddys favorite, and somewhat of a birthday tradition..
Making the spaghetti was therapeutic for missing his Dad..
I know thousands upon thousands of parents and spouses have gone through this (just the beginning) and much much worse..
I have always known it was such a great sacrifice on the soldiers and families part.
Like so many things in life though, that you can't GET, until it happens to you..
I didn't understand in real time though, what the very limited contact, and wondering if they're okay was like. The extended absence. Wondering what will happen next..
What the spouses go through,
Holding down the fort singlehandedly, parenting alone, missing the one they promised to love and cherish, for weeks, months, years..just missing them. And on top of that soothing and trying to help the kids work through missing their Daddy.
My sons wife is holding STRONG, so strong.
Those things are hard to imagine until they are real.
Just beginning to grasp/understand.
I haven'the quite figured out how to completely soothe myself and not worry, besides writing letters back. and.. 'we miss you, we love you' seems to fall so far short of what it is.
He is good. He is leading people, becoming stronger, doing what he dreamed of.
And we love & support him with all our hearts, and keep writing.
...
I got a second letter this week from our son.
He's in basic training, far far away
I am keeping them in the first envelope we got, that came from where he is.
That first letter, I carried around in my pocket for over a week.
I am so happy to get these pieces of paper..I don't have words for how happy.
He is doing good
He was assigned as platoon leader
He made expert in marksmanship
He passed his PT
(some of the stuff I have to google because I don't know what he's talking about with the lingo and all.)
He doesn't complain about anything
We miss him
We miss him
And we miss him
We had spaghetti dinner at Zeeks 1st birthday, it's his Daddys favorite, and somewhat of a birthday tradition..
Making the spaghetti was therapeutic for missing his Dad..
I know thousands upon thousands of parents and spouses have gone through this (just the beginning) and much much worse..
I have always known it was such a great sacrifice on the soldiers and families part.
Like so many things in life though, that you can't GET, until it happens to you..
I didn't understand in real time though, what the very limited contact, and wondering if they're okay was like. The extended absence. Wondering what will happen next..
What the spouses go through,
Holding down the fort singlehandedly, parenting alone, missing the one they promised to love and cherish, for weeks, months, years..just missing them. And on top of that soothing and trying to help the kids work through missing their Daddy.
My sons wife is holding STRONG, so strong.
Those things are hard to imagine until they are real.
Just beginning to grasp/understand.
I haven'the quite figured out how to completely soothe myself and not worry, besides writing letters back. and.. 'we miss you, we love you' seems to fall so far short of what it is.
He is good. He is leading people, becoming stronger, doing what he dreamed of.
And we love & support him with all our hearts, and keep writing.
...



.jpg)