Yoga day
I took myself to yoga class today
Just getting there was a mental feat in itself
I dont generally like group stuff
I didnt want to be the only chub chick in class
I was worried other people in class would judge me.
i was worried i would look ridiculous
I didnt have a cute yoga outfit
Im not that flexible
I almost talked myself out of going last night
I was halfway hoping i would be snowed in this morning
Giving me a handy excuse not to go
But i was not snowed in at all
I got up on time
Showered
Grabbed a 1/2 cup of coffee and went
I blew out the unsettled feeling on the 5minute drive there
Felt like the first day of school
I told myself i needed to go to make sure i was doing the poses at home the right way
I got there
Sat in my car and told myself i could still leave
need poses..checked
And i went in
It was fine
of course as soon as i sat down, it started snowing heavily."that's rICH" i thought
I picked the spot furthest from the teacher
Hoping to lie low..fly under the radar
Stay out of peoples line of vision
I was not the only chub chick..and I made a point of smiling at people as they came in
I was here to learn not for a fashion show
The teacher was great
And i realized i should have sat closer so i could see what she was doing
She saw me pop up to better see a tough pose
And jogged to the back and did it again so us "hiders" could see what she was doing
I felt great when she commented on my warrior pose as thats perfect! Yay!
I was able to get my hands on the floor on the front bends..victory! In the few times ive been doing it at home..i have already made progress.
Anyways
An hour and a half later
Headed home
I felt like a million bucks.
And im so glad i dragged myself there
Next sunday..here i come!


.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment